Tuesday 1 April 2014

On this glorious spring day in Vancouver...
We are all so grateful and excited about the work that is happening on our school's construction site.  As the hole grows deeper, we continue to be awed that we are at such an amazing time in our school's 103 year history.


A little insider story... in the past four weeks, I have had 6 young children bring me envelopes with money that represents what they are giving up from their birthday gifts.  These precious little ones present themselves at my door, hand me their envelopes, smile and then tell me the story of how they made the choice to make their own 'contributions'. Such simplicity, such generosity and such pride in their good work most often brings me to tears.
Thank you one and all... and to the parents of these little ones.  You are teaching them that it just takes making a choice which connects us all to great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment