Saturday 5 October 2013

A child's prayer

On Friday, while out on supervison after school, one of our Grade 5 students asked me if I would like to see a prayer that she had written ...

This is not a typical conversation that I have with our children in that setting ~ and of course, I said yes.  This prayer of praise and thanksiving is an example of the privilege of working, playing and praying with young children each day - one of the immense blessings of a Catholic School.

                                           How God Created You and Me ...

When you were born ...
       God painted your hair, the colour it is now.
       God put your body together, like a jig-saw puzzle.
       God breathed in your mouth, to make you speak his words.
       God coloured your eyes to make them pretty.
       God made your hands, so you can do his good will.
       God made your feet, so you can walk in his way.
       God made you and me, and you will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment